Why is Amazon delivering Decathlon packages?

Amazon has to be the most amazing company
I recently ordered from Decathlon and I was surprised to see that the order was delivered by Amazon.


I was like, Whattt..So I decided to dig deeper into this.
And what I found later was nothing less than surpring.

In the last couple of years the whole state of e-commerce logistics has gone through a significant change.

It used to be a well-known fact that Flipkart delivers its orders majorly through its own logistics arm, that was e-Kart which used to be under the radar of CCI at times.

But now all the major horizontal e-commerce platforms, the platforms that sell all sorts of products, have their own logistic arms:

Amazon has their own logistic arms under Amazon Transportation Services (ATS)
Flipkart has ekart
Now Meesho has also started a asset-light model for its own logistics, that is Valmo - it is something which can be discussed in detail

And after that they also offer their logistic services to other companies as well, like Amazon providing services to Decathlon in this case.

Further Amazon has developed a complete supply chain solution (ASCS) for other brands. They will be managing the whole supply chain of other companies, from raw material to finished products.

It's very similar to what they did with Amazon Web Services, where Amazon owns Amazon Prime video and also provides web services to Netflix.

Now this is very similar to what they are doing here, they have their own robust logistics and supply chain system in place. Now they are using it as a service to other B2B customers as well.

And companies like Procter and Gamble, 3M are already on board using their global freight ecosystem for transportation of their raw material.

It is much more nuanced than this, I have tried to make it simple here.

But still the more I know about Amazon, the more interesting it gets - it's so much more than a e-commerce company, it's like they're running other businesses under camouflage of e-commerce xd.
Amazon Web Services, Prime Membership ecosystem, and now these supply chain solution services

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salzer Electronics Limited - An Energetic Multi-bagger?

IPO Frenzy: A Hidden Leading Indicator?

Middle East Crisis - Oil or something else?